Sunday, October 10, 2010

redesign

          For this project we were give three 'bad ads', and chose one to redesign. I selected the 'Winged Migrations' flyer, advertising a bird watch. Of the three ads this one allowed for the most creativity as the original included no images, colour, or changes in text.  
          I began with a strongly left-aligned header. I used variation in size to emphasize the title as well as the robin-egg  blue accented throughout. Rather than choosing black for the text and images, I selected different shades of grey to soften the piece and add repetition. Similarly, the blue heads each section and adds a second repeated element. I choose silhouettes as my images in order to add to the piece without taking away from the text. Finally, the line of text at the bottom of the piece, closes the piece following the while space between the images. 
          I enjoyed working on this piece, and didn't have too much trouble on any element of it. I have placed the two ads below.

(images used from fundraw.com & ll-engineering.com)


2 comments:

  1. Tessa this is really pretty! I love the images you chose and the colors, they both tie together nicely! I also like how you reduced the amount of text (there was a lot of text on the first one). I also like the font. One thing i would change would be the font size. I would have made the font sizes much bigger. It makes the ad easier to read and it fills up the white spaces. Other than that small detail i think this looks great!
    ~Maddie P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked yours from the beginning! I think it is really cool and creative. The pictures you chose go great with the ad, but the color allows it to fade more in the background. I like the contrast between black and blue, it works well with the ad. I really don't have anything bad to say about yours.

    ReplyDelete